A Strong Partner
TIAA-CREF is committed to being your trusted, reliable partner; one that supports your business efforts and helps you succeed in delivering the best retirement programs and investment products to your clients.
TIAA-CREF's Consultant Relations team exists to assist pension and investment consultants in providing the support your client’s desire and the advice your clients’ employees need to get to and through retirement.
Delivering What We Believe To Be the Best Total Value to Your Pension Clients
TIAA-CREF has a unique business and service model, one that offers, in our opinion, the best total value in the marketplace for your clients.
- Streamlined administration and record keeping services including a suite of online enrollment services to maximize participation, and web-based processing and reporting
- Full fiduciary and compliance services from training and ongoing regulatory updates, to testing, monitoring and reporting
- Expansive investment product offerings that allow you and your clients to structure a menu with an impressive range of choices
- Comprehensive employee services that provide better results because messages are tailored based on the life stage of the client's employees
- Dedicated client service designed to support your clients in preparing their employees for safe and secure retirements, with consulting on plan design, to help you ensure that the retirement program is closely aligned with your client's objectives and policies, and ongoing analysis of plan participation and other data through Plan Reviews
- Seamless implementation process with comprehensive planning and testing.
TIAA (Insurance Company Affiliate): Financial Stability through Volatile Market Conditions
TIAA is one of only three insurance groups in the United States to hold the highest ratings currently awarded from all four leading independent insurance industry ratings agencies.
Highest Possible Ratings from these Independent Analysts
A.M. Best Company
|as of 4/12|
|as of 62/12|
Moody's Investors Service
|as of 6/12|
Standard & Poor's
|as of 5/12|
Among TIAA’s strengths listed by the ratings firms are
- The strong capital position of TIAA
- TIAA's extremely strong risk-adjusted capitalization
- The organization’s ability to offset investment losses through strong statutory operating earnings
- An exceptionally stable liability structure
- The existence of hidden capital through reserve conservatism and "its extremely strong competitive position that it has cultivated by delivering a strong value proposition to the U.S. higher education pension market."
Learn more about TIAA Traditional Annuity in Defined Contribution Plans.
Based on Morningstar Direct (June 2009) data, the expenses on our mutual funds and variable annuity accounts are generally less than half the mutual fund industry average.
As of 9/30/09. The Morningstar median represents the midpoint of an index of comparable funds/accounts grouped on factors such as investment objective and asset class. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.