Planned Giving Program Management
As your planned giving partner, we're committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective products and services.
Trust and Gift Annuity Administration
We can act as a trustee or as agent to your institution serving as trustee for any type of charitable trust arrangement, and can also act as your agent in the administration of your gift annuity contracts. We:
- Administer a wide variety of assets that can be placed in trust, including securities, real estate, and partnership interests
- Generate beneficiary and annuitant distributions, including direct deposits and electronic funds transfers to banks and other financial institutions
- Perform donor recordkeeping and send donor communications
- Provide unitized accounting and periodic valuations
- Offer online access to account information
We'll start by either reviewing your existing investment policy or by helping you establish one. We will then consult with you on an ongoing basis to:
- Recommend and coordinate implementation of your investment strategy
- Provide comprehensive asset allocation advice
- Suggest tax-efficient investment strategies
- Provide access to appropriate institutional mutual funds
Reporting and Tax Services
We provide comprehensive reporting for trusts, pooled income funds, and gift annuities including annual trust tax returns (Forms 1041 and 5227) and beneficiary and annuitant tax forms (Schedule K-1 or Form 1099R). In addition, we:
- Create customized donor statements
- Provide detailed sub-accounting for gift annuities, pooled income funds and donor-advised funds
- Offer administrative summaries of various deferred gifts
- Generate trust accounting and performance measurement reports
Institutional Trust Consulting
In addition to providing planned-giving expertise and assisting with state requirements for gift annuities, we offer:
- Consultation on appropriate gift structure and related tax planning
- Internal staff education and technical assistance
- Board training and donor seminars on tax and charitable planning topics
- Prototype charitable remainder trust agreements and charitable gift annuity contracts
- Planned Giving Overview (PDF)
Investment products are not insured by the FDIC; are not deposits or other obligations of TIAA-CREF Trust Company, FSB; are not guaranteed by the TIAA-CREF Trust Company, FSB; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of principal invested.
The tax information herein is not intended to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties. It was written to support the promotion of TIAA-CREF Trust Company, FSB. Taxpayers should seek advice based on their own particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, and Teachers Personal Investors Services, Inc., members FINRA, distribute securities products.