TIAA-CREF to Host New York State Wide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Inauguration Ceremony
NEW YORK, June 7, 2010
TIAA-CREF will host today’s New York State Wide Hispanic Chambers of Commerce’s 2010 Inauguration Ceremony at the company’s headquarters at 730 Third Avenue in Manhattan.
Today’s ceremony will be the first inaugural ceremony for Hispanic chamber members in New York State. Javier Palomarez, CEO of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, will swear in the New York State Wide Chambers’ incoming board in a ceremony that begins at 1:00 pm ET.
“We’re proud to host the New York State Wide Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and the many Hispanic-owned businesses that will be here today,” said Laurie Manderbach, TIAA-CREF’s vice president for Strategic Sourcing. “Assuring that minority businesses represent a meaningful part of our strategic procurement advances our business and helps to assure that these entrepreneurs have access to markets that enable them to grow.”
“TIAA-CREF’s support has opened the door for many in the Hispanic-owned business community,” said Frank Garcia, president of the New York State Wide Coalition of Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. “We’re honored to hold our inauguration ceremony at TIAA-CREF, which has always been there for our members.”
New members of the New York State Wide Hispanic Chambers of Commerce include:
- Alfonso Alvarez, Yonkers Mexican Chamber of Commerce
- Luis Parra, Latino Association of Tax Preparers, Inc (LATAX)
- Carmen Hernandez, NYC LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Luis Lopez, Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Josephine Infante, Hunts Point Chamber of Commerce
- Patricia Mahecha, Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Kenya Abreu, Women Chamber of Commerce
- Rabbein Hadasah, Jewish and Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Zaida Morales, Vice Chair NYS Coalition of Hispanic Chambers
- George Clark, Albany/Capital Region Hispanic and Minority Chamber of Commerce
- Sara Bravo, Chair of the Bronx Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Claudia Villarroel, New York Greater Mexican Chamber of Commerce
- Peter Fontanes, New York State Hispanics in Real Estate and Construction
- Miguel Blanco, Westchester Hispanic Business Association
- Nestor Diaz, Queens Hispanic Borough Association
- Joe Muniz, President of New York State Wide Coalition of Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Ramon Murphy, Bodega Association of the USA
- Maritza del Toro, Dominican Chamber of Commerce
- Charito Cisneros, Cosmetology and Beauty Chamber of Commerce
- Rohan deFreitas and Luis Segarra, Hispanic Business Group
- George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero, National Chamber of Commerce on Health
TIAA-CREF (www.tiaa-cref.org) is a national financial services organization with $426 billion in combined assets under management (3/31/10) and the leading provider of retirement services in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields.
TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC and Teachers Personal Investors Services, Inc., members FINRA, distribute securities products.
Abby Aylman Cohen, TIAA-CREF
firstname.lastname@example.org, 212 916-4381
Please carefully consider the funds’ investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses before investing. The prospectuses for each fund, which contain this and other information, can be obtained by calling your Wealth Management Advisor. Please read them carefully before investing.
Portfolio Advisor is provided by Advice and Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Brokerage Services are provided by TIAA CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC.