Brokerage Account Features
TIAA-CREF Brokerage Services accounts have the following standard features:
- Calculators (retirement, college and tax)
- Online asset allocation modeling
- Mutual fund screening tool
- Financial and retirement planning
- Dedicated telephone service support
- Ability to trade online, by phone or through a representative
- Stocks, bonds and options
- Exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- Certificates of deposit
- The TIAA-CREF family of Mutual Funds
- Mutual funds
- Taxable and tax-exempt money market
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) -insured money market
- Automatic money market sweep
- Dividend reinvestment
- Standard & Poor’s Equity Research
- Fund Screener powered by Morningstar™
- Thomson Company Reports (fundamentals, ratios and earnings)
- Dow Jones Business News
- Unlimited delayed quotes
- 100 real time quotes
Additional Brokerage Services
- Direct deposit
- Electronic fund transfer
- Margin loans
- No-fee IRA*
Cash Management Features
For clients who meet certain balance requirements, additional account features are available through the Cash Solutions Account.
All cash balances, including dividends, interest and proceeds from sales are automatically invested into a "sweep" vehicle that you select. TIAA-CREF Brokerage Services offers several sweep alternatives, including an FDIC-insured account (Reserved Insured Deposits) as well as taxable and tax-exempt money market funds.
A money market mutual fund is neither insured nor guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. Although money market funds strive to maintain a stable net asset value of $1 per share, they offer no promise to do so. As a result, it’s possible to lose money by investing in them.
*An annual IRA account maintenance fee will be charged on all accounts under $50,000. If you have total Brokerage assets with TIAA-CREF in excess of $50,000, this fee will be waived. Brokerage transaction fees may also apply and investors will be subject to the underlying funds’ portfolio management fees and expenses.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. Please contact your financial advisor or call 877 518-9161 for a current prospectus that contains this and other information. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.
Brokerage Services are provided by TIAA-CREF Brokerage Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, members FINRA and SIPC.