Self-Directed Brokerage through TIAA-CREF Brokerage Services
Expand your investment horizon by adding self-directed brokerage to your IRA. Through a self-directed brokerage account, you have access to a full range of investments, including:
- Stocks on every major U.S. exchange
- Bonds, including U.S. Treasury and federal agency bonds
- Thousands of mutual funds from some of the nation’s best-known fund families, many of which are no-load and have no transaction fees*
Self-directed brokerage can be added to any TIAA-CREF Traditional, Roth or SEP IRA. Initial allocation to your brokerage account must be at least $5,000. Subsequent allocations must be at least $1,000. Minimums only apply to the brokerage portion of your IRA — there are no minimum investments in the TIAA-CREF accounts within your IRA.
To add this feature to your existing TIAA-CREF IRA, call
800 927-3059 and an individual consultant can assist you.
- View a Brokerage Account Demo.
* Other fees and expenses may apply to a continued investment in the fund and are described in the fund's prospectus.
Brokerage Services are provided by TIAA-CREF Brokerage Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, members FINRA and SIPC.