Opening an Account
- How do I roll over funds from my current TIAA-CREF employer-sponsored retirement plan account to a new Investment Solutions IRA?
- Am I eligible to open an Investment Solutions IRA?
- What is an IRA Adoption Agreement?
- Why choose a TIAA-CREF Investment Solutions IRA?
How do I roll over funds from my current TIAA-CREF employer-sponsored retirement plan account to a new Investment Solutions IRA? You’ll need to complete a cash withdrawal form for the account from which you are rolling over the funds. You’ll also need to open an IRA that will receive the funds you are rolling over. You may log into the secure portion of the website and request the rollover online, or if you have any questions or are unsure about any of the steps, call 800 842-2252 to speak with a Financial Consultant.
What is an IRA Adoption Agreement?An IRA Adoption Agreement form certifies your eligibility to open an Investment Solutions IRA and gives your authorization for TIAA-CREF to administer the account.
By signing the form you are certifying that you have the authority and legal capacity to establish the IRA and to request the purchase of mutual funds within the IRA. You are also certifying that you are of legal age in your state and that you believe each investment is suitable for you.
Am I eligible to open an Investment Solutions IRA?You are eligible to open an Investment Solutions IRA if you meet one or more of the following requirements:
- You’re currently an employee or trustee of an institution eligible for TIAA-CREF retirement plans including all nonprofit institutions and government entities organized in the United States.
- You’re over 55, retired, and have worked for an eligible institution for at least 5 years.
- You have an existing TIAA-CREF Retirement Annuity, Keogh, Teachers Personal Annuity or a TIAA Life Insurance policy.
- You’re the spouse or domestic partner of someone described in 1, 2, or 3 above.
- You’ve received funds through a Qualified Domestic Order (QDRO) from someone described in 1, 2, or 3 above.*
- If you’re rolling over an account from an eligible institution that is currently held with another investment company, you can open a new IRA to receive the funds. This can include annual contributions made to a Traditional IRA.*
*A spouse, former spouse or domestic partner is not eligible to open an IRA until the qualifying individual has established an IRA with TIAA-CREF.
Why choose a TIAA-CREF Investment Solutions IRA?Find out about the benefits and advantages of our Investment Solutions IRA. If you would like to discuss a TIAA-CREF Investment Solutions IRA in greater detail, please call 800 842-2888.
Investment, insurance and annuity products are not FDIC insured, are not bank guaranteed, are not deposits, are not insured by any federal government agency, are not a condition to any banking service or activity, and may lose value.
Brokerage Services are provided by TIAA-CREF Brokerage Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, members FINRA and SIPC. Advisory services are provided by Advice and Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment advisor.
TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC and Teachers Personal Investors Services, Inc., members FINRA, distribute securities products.
Annuity contracts and certificates are issued by Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA) and College Retirement Equities Fund (CREF), New York, NY.