STRATEGY 2: MIX YOUR OWN - SELECT CHOICE
Creating your own investment mix may be right for you if:
- You want a high level of involvement in building and maintaining your retirement portfolio.
- You enjoy tailoring your investments on a regular basis.
This approach appeals to investors who want to:
- Research and evaluate their investment choices
- Create their own portfolios
- Periodically review and adjust the portfolio's asset balance
If you choose this approach, we can give you a head start by helping you determine how much risk you’re comfortable taking on as a long-term investor. We also provide some examples of model portfolios that include a mix of different asset classes according to different levels of risk tolerance.
Even if you have some investment knowledge, review the Investing Basics pages before starting this strategy.