CREATE YOUR OWN INVESTMENT MIX
Creating your own investment mix may be right for you if:
- You want a high level of involvement in building and maintaining your retirement portfolio.
- You enjoy tailoring your investments on a regular basis.
This approach appeals to investors who want to:
- Research and evaluate their investment choices
- Create their own portfolios
- Periodically review and adjust the portfolio's asset balance
If you choose this approach, we can give you a head start by helping you determine how much risk you’re comfortable taking on as a long-term investor. We also provide some examples of model portfolios that include a mix of different asset classes according to different levels of risk tolerance.
Even if you have some investment knowledge, review the Investing Basics pages before starting this strategy.
Or, if you'd like a customized plan created for you using the Retirement Advisor online service you can try it now. You can even adjust your plan to immediately see how changes can affect your longer-term outcomes.
Create your plan using Retirement Advisor.
The TIAA-CREF Retirement Advisor is a brokerage service provided by TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered broker-dealer.